Friday, November 25, 2011

Frustration as a learning tool!

This has been one of those days / weeks / set of weeks where feeling swamped is common. Deadlines, goals, ideals, time contraints and other things are all in competition.  Frustration, fatigue, and puzzlement about what to tackle next  are all struggling for preeminence. What on earth can I learn from times like this?

Well, I'm going to take a pause in midst of it all and think about that.
1. I can be motivated to learn more patience -- with myself and with others.
2. I can re-learn that my way is not the only way to think about things.
3. I can be reminded that the first way of tackling a problem may not be the best way.
4. I can be forcibly pushed by my energy level to stop now and then and let my body and mind take a break.
5. I can experience once again that I'm neither invincible or perfect (as if I needed the reminder?!?!?!)

If I stayed at this longer, more lessons would likely come to mind, but I have to get back to the melee. I'll be hoping that at least some of these reminders linger and help me thru the tangle. God's Spirit is in it with me, I know. I'll try to be more receptive.

a ky monk

No comments:

Post a Comment